Prawns on Bean Salsa
Serves 2 • 230 kcal per serving
- 16 raw king prawns in the shell, heads removed
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- coriander sprigs and chilli powder to garnish
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 can of black-eyed beans
- a handful of fresh coriander
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
First, make the salsa. Chop the onion, chilli and garlic. Mix with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
Shell the prawns, toss them with the chilli, cinnamon and olive oil.
Heat a non-stick pan and stir-fry the prawns for
2-3 minutes until they have just changed colour. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and remove the prawns from the pan.
Serve with bean salsa, garnish with coriander sprigs and a light dusting of chilli.